Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Hi Dave,

I thought that those members evolved naturally. Life is changing, so are
interests and priorities. I was a proud Ubuntu member myself before
coming to GNOME. Not because of the Ubuntu community (au contraire) but
because my interests have changed.

It has to be added that, sometimes, some people are very rude themselves
and seem to think that everyone is rude with themselves (it's only a
natural reaction). Sometime, the lack of motivation make you angry and,
as a consequence, you overreact to everything. The hostility of the
community is rarely a cause, it's more a consequence (when it is not
only a bad perception of a vocal minority).

But if you are right and that even some of the names you are giving (all
brilliants people) were turned away because of the hostility of the
community, I'll agree with you that we really have to solve this
problem. (my opinion is of course short-sighted by my lack of experience
in this field)

Lionel

PS : that's bring an interesting point. Is keeping a relatively hostile
community kind of a darwinian selection that allow the community to
replace older people, famous for their achievement 5 years ago but now
less motivated, more conservative, by fresh blood with new ideas?
(that's of course a joke, I don't say that we must keep this kind of
community at all!)