Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

I'm against an enshrined code of conduct which suddenly kicks you out of GNOME, or gets you shunned.  A Terms of Service for hosted sites which gets your account unsubscribed for that site might be better if it is very narrowly defined, e.g. no spamming, no porn, etc.  However as we move into the realm of who offended who it gets dicey and predicated on the sentiments of who is making the final call.  We've survived the oGalaxys and Bowie Poags of the past and I don't think I have seen any worse conduct.  I'm defering to the board if they really feel they need an enshrined document but there should be a vote on the final draft if we go in this direction.