Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- From: Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com>
- To: Mukund Sivaraman <muks banu com>
- Cc: Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:36:41 -0700
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Mukund Sivaraman <muks banu com>
I think this is taking it too far. The "Code of Conduct" being
presented as a set of guidelines is OK, but it is not wise to make it
policy. The GNOME project is not a sect, to control what I can and
cannot say/do in public.
We are talking about GNOME hosted platforms. Planet GNOME, blogs.gnome.org
and the GNOME mailing lists are all forums we host and I think we can (and do) expect a certain standard of conduct on them. For example, if someone started spamming the Foundation list, we would block them.
(Public does not mean you can do whatever you want. In most public places there are laws you have to follow.)
] [Thread Prev