Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Le mercredi 25 nov. 2009 à 19:39:13 (+0100), Dave Neary a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> Dodji Seketeli wrote:
> > Moreover if you informally compare the tone of the discussions on our forum, I am
> > not sure it's any "worse" than, say on the linux kernel mailing list. But
> > at least on the lkml, if you misbehave, you are likely to feel the pressure
> > quite directly. Are you sure they are loosing more contributors than us
> > because of that?
>
> If we're going to aim high, perhaps we could aim for something other
> than lkml? Maybe debian-legal or licence-discuss?

Well, you can certainly always point to forums where bikeshedding and
personal attacks are frequent. I don't necessarily consider that as aiming
high.

My point with the lkml is that although it can be seen as a tough
place to be, the kernel people don't seem to be flying away crying. I guess
there are other variables to consider in that mix than the easy one of
building a new police or not.

        Dodji