Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Hi Stormy

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 09:36:41AM -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
> We are talking about GNOME hosted platforms. Planet GNOME,
> blogs.gnome.organd the GNOME mailing lists are all forums we host and
> I think we can (and
> do) expect a certain standard of conduct on them. For example, if someone
> started spamming the Foundation list, we would block them.

Would you agree that things such as filtering for spam (on lists, IRC,
etc.), and removal of badly behaving people already happen, and these
are not specific to GNOME foundation members?  It should be commonsense
to anyone that bad signal/noise will be punished, when other peers
don't like it.

How does requiring GNOME foundation members to sign this document help?

> (Public does not mean you can do whatever you want. In most public places
> there are laws you have to follow.)

Nod, but this is a bad analogy. In public places, one must behave
according to the law, but (having not understood that this applies to
only GNOME infrastructure) I didn't want GNOME to make these rules.

		Mukund