Re: GNOME Travel Committee & Travel Policy: A proposal for consideration and feedback

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,

Hey, Dave!

> You are making an assumption of unlimited funds!

I'm not disagreeing out of the co-pay policy, I'm just thinking that
we don't need fixed values to do this. The committee can treat each
case separately.

> Do you remember how much it cost you to get to Istanbul, Bruno? With
> accommodation, perhaps €1000? Baris told me that last year we funded
> people for $60,000 - which covered travel and accommodation for...
> flights for 27 people, and accommodation for 35 people. Do you think
> that perhaps we could have used this money more efficiently to benefit
> 60 or 70 people?

I remember. It was ~1,500 EUR (hey, I'm from Brazil).
I think we can pay for the people who can't pay (and of course, deserves it).

Bruno