Re: GNOME Travel Committee & Travel Policy: A proposal for consideration and feedback

Hi,

Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> What should people who want to apply for Gran Caneria GUADEC do at
> this point? Also, it seems like anyone who might ask for help at some
> point in the future would be someone who shouldn't sit on the
> committee (to avoid accusation of COI).

We haven't finalised registration yet - which we probebly should before
opening up to sponsorship requests (only because handling this by email
would be a mess & run the risk of falling through the cracks).

We also need to make a couple of decisions on the budget, so that we
know how much money, at a minimum, we have to spend on travel.
Unfortunately, that's dragging on a bit, par for the course, but I'm
trying to get at least a low-ball figure everyone can agree to so that
we can get started.

The travel form from Stormy is also clearly suitable for GUADEC - I
anticipate that when we get a finalised agreement in place, we'll have
sorted out budget concerns to my satisfaction, and if there isn't fast
enough progress on a registration system, we should just proceed with email.

Short answer, wait a week or two.

Cheers,
Dave.

--