Re: GNOME Travel Committee & Travel Policy: A proposal for consideration and feedback

Claudio,

I think the 200 € was intended to apply to GUADEC. GUADEC is most of our travel money. But it could be set on a case by case and could even be lowered or waived on a case-by-case basis. (If we adopt it.)

Stormy

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org> wrote:
El mié, 11-02-2009 a las 18:05 +0100, Dave Neary escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> > What should people who want to apply for Gran Caneria GUADEC do at
> > this point? Also, it seems like anyone who might ask for help at some
> > point in the future would be someone who shouldn't sit on the
> > committee (to avoid accusation of COI).
>
> We haven't finalised registration yet - which we probebly should before
> opening up to sponsorship requests (only because handling this by email
> would be a mess & run the risk of falling through the cracks).
>
> We also need to make a couple of decisions on the budget, so that we
> know how much money, at a minimum, we have to spend on travel.
> Unfortunately, that's dragging on a bit, par for the course, but I'm
> trying to get at least a low-ball figure everyone can agree to so that
> we can get started.
>
> The travel form from Stormy is also clearly suitable for GUADEC - I
> anticipate that when we get a finalised agreement in place, we'll have
> sorted out budget concerns to my satisfaction, and if there isn't fast
> enough progress on a registration system, we should just proceed with email.

And do you also plan to request the 200 € participation for GUADEC? That
would most probably leave many students without the opportunity to
participate. I expect this rule not to apply for GUADEC, specially since
the next one is already in a extremely touristic and therefore expensive
location.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org>