Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 09:50 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
>> This is about signal-to-noise ratio, not
>> about keeping secrets.
>
> So why not just moderate the list? In fact, I thought that
> non-foundation-members were not even allowed to post here?

Not sure that this ever got written down, if that was the intent.  I
seem to remember some thoughts/mails about foundation-list vs
foundation-announce way back when, but I can't find them right now.

> For instance, I don't understand why RMS's emails even showed up on this
> mailing list.

Well, he's a member of the Gnome Foundation.
http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php
     Greg