Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On 12/15/2009 08:52 AM, Og Maciel wrote:
Since there isn't a place to do this that I'm aware, here is my vote
against this petition. For the same reasons that many here have
already expressed, I want to keep GNOME open for everyone. And even
though GNOME != GNOME Foundation when it comes down to our code, GNOME
== GNOME Foundation when it comes down to all other aspects, including
openness, tolerance and fairness.

I'll respond to the other posts in the thread later. Just a quick note on the procedure though: we are not voting on the proposal yet. Right now I'm just gathering support to propose voting on the issue.

Given the excellent comments so far, I'm leaning towards retracting the proposal. However, there's quite a few others who support it now. So I let it move forward naturally.

Cheers,
behdad