Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 21:05 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> >> I like to ask for your support in my petition for referendum to make
> >> foundation-list archives private and membership limited to actual Foundation
> >> members.  If we make that change we would be able to discuss matters freely
> >> without making lots of news that more often than not are harmful to our
> >> image to the world in general.
> >
> > Can you cite a few examples of where this has been a problem in the
> > past?
>
> Don't have to look much back.  Sam Varghese have been making a living churning
> news out of f-l traffic.  About the recent thread:

You cannot stop silliness on the internet. If you try to hide things
then you'll just make the hidden information seem even more interesting
and you'll have to argue with random unrepresentative public statements
without the benefit of pointing people to the archives for the facts.

And I think it's not a real problem. For some reason people still write
these articles but I really don't think many people read them. They are
dull incoherent rants.

Transparency is best. If it shows that we bike-shed too much then it's
just our fault for bike-shedding.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com