Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 09:50 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> No, do not detract it. There's a reason there's a debian-devel-private
> and a kde-private. Sometimes reaching concensus requires meeting
> behind closed doors away from the noise of those who are not as
> informed or involved as others. Look at any world democracy or any
> treaty negotiation. Having a -private will improve our process. This
> is about signal-to-noise ratio, not about keeping secrets.

I agree.  In real life, it's easy to restrain who can hear our
discussions until we agree on something.  Online, we need to have some
privacy for debates and come out with a united voice (or a discordant
one, but we'll have heard all arguments first and had a chance to argue
on it).

Pierre-Luc