Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 13:32 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 12/09/2009 08:48 AM, Lionel Dricot wrote:

> > I know some planets that choose to have a "code of conduct" about what
> > should be posted or not (like planet Ubuntu-f or planet-libre.org). They
> > all ended by not selecting the people on a quality basis but selecting
> > posts that "respect the subject of the planet". It results in very-low
> > quality planet, not interesting and, more importantly, without any soul,
> > any spirit.
> >
> > Planet.gnome has a spirit. There's something (called it "soul" if you
> > want). Don't break it. Remember planet.climate-change joke? That was huge
> > and enjoyable.
>
> EXACTLY.  EXACTLY.  EXACTLY.

EXACTLY

+1, and a big "whatever"

> > - Each year, a mail is sent to those member asking if they want to stay on
> > pgo and if they consider themselves still on-topic.
>
> Lets limit it to a reminder that "you're on PGO.  if you want to be removed,
> email xxx" if we have to do something like that.

I fully agree with this solution.

Thanks, behdad.

You hereby have my vote and support for next board elections. As usual.
Because you're one of the few people who's pragmatic and realistic to
earn my vote. Not one of those crazy people.

Sorry for being direct. It's just my personality.

Thank you.

Let's now go back to solving some real problems in GNOME.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be