Re: GUADEC plans

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 11:15 -0400, Richard M Stallman wrote:
> I have a suggestion: every GUADEC should have an explicit
> side activity to encourage activism on political issues
> directly relevant to free software in Europe.
> The EU continually proposes directives to attack freedom
> on the Internet.  To resist them we need to mobilize
> as many people as possible.  An annual event in Europe
> is a good opportunity, so let's not waste it.

Hi Richard,

This is definitely interesting.  However, we do not have the expertise
to run such a track.  How about when the call for proposals opens for
next year, you ask people who actually know about these issues to submit
proposals?  Actually I'm quite surprised that no one from FSF has been
to GUADEC in recent years.  Or that's how I felt.

behdad