Re: GNOME and KDE to Co-locate Flagship Conferences on Gran Canaria in 2009

Hi John,

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 07:05 -0400, john palmieri wrote:
> The idea is that they are two separate events with the exception of a
> room reserved for freedesktop.org and other crossover talks.  Also
> keynotes should most likely be joint as well as the after parties.
> Everything else should remain separate as to not drastically change
> the culture of each event.

So GUADEC and aKademy are still going to individually approach, for
example, Nokia, RedHat, Novell, etc for sponsorships - each with
different costs and benefits? I thought part of the attraction of
co-locating was to stop cutting these sponsors in two.

Two separate registration systems, and desks, and sets of volunteers on
those desks? And so down the list of conference organisation. I'm not
expecting answers to everything this second, just trying to give a heads
up that it bears thinking about.

Regards, Paul