Re: hiring Stormy Peters as executive director

Richard M Stallman wrote:
'Here's a specific example of something I like about the GNOME community. It's important to them that things be "beautiful." I put beautiful in quotes because I think the GNOME community means much more than pretty when they say "beautiful." I think they mean:

* Pretty. The desktop, your user interface, should look nice. It should be beautiful. * Easy to use. Functional. When things flow smoothly and everything is in just the right spot, right where you expect to find it, it's beautiful. * Done right. When things are coded right and they are reliable functional, easy to figure out, they are beautiful.

I wouldn't disagree with any of those desiderata, but there are two
more that no list of GNOME desiderata should omit: freedom and social
solidarity.
I agree with those additions; especially where "social solidarity" might capture the notion of inclusive design... and perhaps more dear to my heart: accessibility.

cheers,
David