Re: Akademy+GUADEC *2009* Hosting Proposals

Hi Lennart,

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Here are my three reasons to prefer Gran Canaria:
>
> 1. The money...
> 3. Let's face it, finnish food and beer just sucks. In Spain at least
> the food is very good.

These two are equally well fulfilled in A Coruna.

> 2. The conference tourist that I am would prefer to go to the Canary
> Islands, it's way more interesting from a tourtistic pov than
> the other two suggestions.

This seems like the only argument specific to Gran Canaria, and doesn't
seem to me like a very good reason.

In fact, it's *exactly* the reason that I cited when arguing *against*
Gran Canaria. Since it's a tourist destination, I think convincing
sponsors will be more difficult (bear in mind that on your money
arguments, cheap flights mean we can bring more people for free/cheap).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary