Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
>  Here's something I think might be useful:
>
>  If we had a list of where everyone attending aKademy and GUADEC will
>  come from (which might be decently approximated by seeing where they
>  came from last year), we can then make a list of places:

This sounds good, but it doesn't really tell you anything.  If you
hold a conference in Europe, naturally more europeans will attend
because it's easier for them to get there.   I've been wanting to
attend a GUADEC for several years now, but have not been able to due
to time and budget constraints, and I suspect there are quite a few
others in the same situation.  I'm not saying that this means that
GUADEC must be held in north america to accommodate me (I rather like
behdad's idea of morrocco, actually), but I don't think it makes any
sense to insist that it be held in Europe simply because GUADEC has an
E in its name.  It may have originally been a european developers
meeting, but it has grown into *the* GNOME conference and so it seems
reasonable to accommodate some non-europeans every now and then.

--
jonner