Re: Can we improve things?
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, foundation-list gnome org, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Can we improve things?
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:17:44 -0400
On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 09:13 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Federico Mena Quintero">
> > We have no editorial control. Get over it :)
> We absolutely *do* have editorial control at the moment. The challenge I
> have at the moment is to continue that, while improving what people see to
> be the drawbacks of the current process (which can almost entirely be
> summarised as slow response particularly when I'm travelling).
I wonder if this control in itself is a source of frustration to some
people who've been contributing code to the gnome project and want
to brag about it on planet gnome, when we say that "we have editorial
control", who exactly should be qualifying as "we" ?
I wonder if this editorial control might come across a little
friendlier if it were delagated to a marketing/web team that
people can freely volunteer to be a part of.
Just an added idea, what if:
- potential planet poster write's an email to the appropriate
archived ML (something like marketing-list or web-list ?)
- bonus points for having someone to vouch for you that is
already on planet
- 2 approvals from the "<insert flavour> team" (kind of
like freeze breaks) merits being added
] [Thread Prev