Re: Question to candidates: what about next ODF?
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Question to candidates: what about next ODF?
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:32:14 -0500
So although there will be a few people up in arms if I describe this as a
"storm in a teacup", what do they seriously think we have to gain by making
*political* statements about ODF or OOXML when it's not massively relevant
to the GNOME community in the first place? If the GNOME Foundation made a
profound statement on the legitimacy of OOXML, it would be about as helpful
as a flame from some random commenter on a news website.
The reason this is not so is that Microsoft is trying to spin the
apparent "support" of GNOME into proof that OOXML is not bad for
] [Thread Prev