Re: Hiring a part-time sysadmin?

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> So, I think you should please ask the advisory board, and then I think you
> should try to find somebody. They might say No, but in the past they've
> wanted to be asked more often, because they want to help.
>
> There are plenty of part-time student sysadmins at universities and
> colleges, so you should be able to find someone similar for GNOME. You
> don't need a genius - you just need someone who is paid to have time to do
> stuff.

It is quite clear that we do not have the funds to do this right now. It has
been on the agenda for quite some time, but we must spend responsibly. We
are in the process of hiring for a position that will open up opportunities
such as this in due time. Your suggestion is noted; we've said that it has
been a desire for the Foundation for some time -- please do not unreasonably
agitate to get what you want immediately.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu Live 2007: Portland, OR, USA               http://www.ubuntulive.com/

    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -
                        Andrew Bennetts on Star Wars