Re: Question for the candidates [Was: Re: Money spending, questions for the candidates]

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 18:42 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As warned about earlier in this election (by someone with better
> foresight than I have), when there isn't an organized call for
> questions people will fire off zillions of them at random.  This puts
> an unreasonable burden on not only the candidates who feel obligated
> to spend time responding to an unbounded and haphazard collection of
> interrogations, but also similarly burdens the general community with
> too much email.
>
> You also find people asking additional questions based on
> misunderstandings due to the fact that they simply weren't able to
> keep up with all the other email (I have seen this in multiple
> threads, not just this one.)
>
> What will you as a candidate do to make sure we avoid this mess in the future?

This was a simple issue with the Membership Committee practice this
year.  It could still be fixed this year too, but seems questions keep
coming as long as voting is open :).  Anyway, for next year, MC will
make sure this doesn't happen, and board will make sure to double check
it!

behdad

--
behdad