Re: Question for the candidates [Was: Re: Money spending, questions for the candidates]

Le vendredi 30 novembre 2007, à 18:42 -0700, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> As warned about earlier in this election (by someone with better
> foresight than I have), when there isn't an organized call for
> questions people will fire off zillions of them at random.  This puts
> an unreasonable burden on not only the candidates who feel obligated
> to spend time responding to an unbounded and haphazard collection of
> interrogations, but also similarly burdens the general community with
> too much email.
>
> You also find people asking additional questions based on
> misunderstandings due to the fact that they simply weren't able to
> keep up with all the other email (I have seen this in multiple
> threads, not just this one.)
>
> What will you as a candidate do to make sure we avoid this mess in the future?

Encourage the membership committee to start organizing the elections
earlier. Note that it generally happens. It's just that this year there
were changes in the membership committee just before the elections, which
explains this "issue". Not such a big issue, at least to me (but
obviously not ideal either ;-)).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.