Re: Proposal: Shift election cycle back six months

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

> Forgot to reply to this: one worry (which is valid, IMHO) is that we don't
> know if all current board members will have time for the first six months
> of 2008. I know I have absolutely no idea right now if I'll be able to
> continue.

Agree, though directors can resign, and the Board can appoint new directors
to fill vacancies. It need not have an impact on the proper function of the
Board.

> So really, if we do a referendum, we have two questions:
>
>  + Do you want to shift the election cycle?
>  + Do you want to extend the current mandate of the board?
>
> I don't think we should mix them.

Two questions can be the kiss of death for a 'referendum'. :-) I've put a
question to the Board now, so let's see if/what the group accepts.

- Jeff

--
Open Source in Mobile 2007: Madrid, Spain     http://www.osimconference.com/

        "We must be proactive, eternally vigilant, forever fighting,
             overwhelmingly clever and handsome." - Robert Love