Re: Proposal: Shift election cycle back six months

It still looks strange to have the voting body to vote to extend the term of the current board, not the same as a general election.

Extending the terms of some leadership tend to happen under situations where something prevents the holding of regular elections... nothing comparable exists here for the GNOME Foundation.

On 8/9/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
<quote who="Julien PUYDT">

> I don't have anything against the current board, BUT extending a term
> after the voters cast their vote is very wrong.

As mentioned in the original mail: "(Note that the Board is unlikely to make
a change like this without formally consulting our membership via a
referendum.)" -> that means casting a vote.

- Jeff

--
Open Source in Mobile 2007: Madrid, Spain     http://www.osimconference.com/

  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN