Re: Board Meeting Minutes :: 29th March 2007
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Adrian Custer <acuster gmail com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, foundation-list gnome org, board gnome org
- Subject: Re: Board Meeting Minutes :: 29th March 2007
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:35:08 -0400
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 11:47 +0200, Adrian Custer wrote:
> Now I can't evaluate the *actual* work of the board by the very nature
> of the secrecy; my only recourse is to trust you to auto-evaluate your
> situation yourselves. I hope you can do that and then re-iterate that
> you think it's best or necessary.
> > * The Board is responsible for employees, who must be able to expect
> > privacy with regards to their management and remuneration.
> I have no real way of evaluating this.
Unless a current/prospective board members starts taking credit for what
they have done in the board in secret, I don't see how not being able to
evaluate the secret stuff is a problem at all. It's not like all board
candidates say "...and a lot of other stuff that were private to the
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev