Re: Mailing lists (Re: Candidacy: Joachim Noreiko)

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 17:27 +0200, Baris Cicek wrote:

> I guess it's better to broaden communication ways for GNOME community.
> IRC, mailing-lists, newsgroups, IMs, Wiki, blogs, bugzilla etc. and
> choose appropriate channel to point subject matter.

I've often said the exact opposite, actually... IMHO there are so many
communications channels already that it's impossible to keep track of
everything of interest (or even just everything that's important to what
I'm currently working on).

> Think about in utopia, wouldn't it be cool if we had ekiga or skype
> server, or even IM server which act like a call-center composed of
> volunteers.

I'd like to see something like this too... not necessarily a literal
'call centre' with VOIP (although that's cool too), but at least some
dedicated team of feedback-meisters to triage users' problems and
comments (whether on mailing lists, IRC, forums or elsewhere), and make
sure they all get to the appropriate place.  I hate to think how much
valuable input we miss right now because nobody writes it down, or they
write it down somewhere that the people who need to see it don't happen
to be looking at the time.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group