Mailing lists (Re: Candidacy: Joachim Noreiko)

I seem to have missed something.

Ar Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:11:25AM +0000, ysgrifennodd Joachim Noreiko:

> Yes, it might be an idea to suggest/encourage (not
> force ;) some projects to consider moving away from
> lists, rather than switching *everyone* in one go.
>
> I make no secret that I hate mailing lists, but I

Actually, this thread is the first I have heard of it.

> accept I'm in a minority and that most developers find
> them convenient and are used to them. I also think
> that some of the reasons that I hate them are actually
> reasons that most developers like them ;)

I am a bit confused here. I am not on anything other than
mailing lists. I gave up trying to keep track of 100 updates
on Planet Gnome daily, I can never find anything on the wiki,
IRC was a time-sink. But I remain on mailing lists, because
I can read them on my own schedule.

Clearly I am not on enough lists, though, because I have
missed where this was brought up. Who wants to get rid of
them, and in favour of what?

Telsa