Re: My interests in the GNOME Foundation

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 21:24 +0100, Anne �tergaard wrote:

> Being a board member is in my view a conflict of interest if a person
> wants to apply for the position within GNOME.

Being a board employee is mostly incompatible with being a board
director. That's why Quim would certainly resign (I expect) if he become
an employee.

However, it would be quite awkward if board members had to resign just
because they were applying to become employees. Then you could lose 5
board members just so you can gain one employee. I think that would be
excessive.

Not including yourself in the relevant meetings, and not seeing
discussion on board-list, should be enough.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com