Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Anne Østergaard wrote:
man, 05 06 2006 kl. 12:08 -0500, skrev ted gould cx:
Well, I think it should be three people.  Those two guys, and me :)

Seriously though, you can't arbitrarilly pick two people and not expect
everyone else to be arbitrarilly picked.

OK these two persons were next on the list of persons who nearly made it
to the board.(Only a few votes difference to those getting elected.)

So it was not a random choice.

Sorry, I didn't take the time to look at who you were suggesting. I still don't believe that the board should be adding members to itself without an election, whether they can or not. I think actions like that leave too much room for cronyism in the future.

As for getting people involved, perhaps posting to this list? I realize it's hard to find tasks that someone might be able to pick up and do, but it is usually worthwhile in the end. Perhaps a "TODO" list on live.gnome.org of things that the board is planning on doing, and will do, but if someone wants to beat them to it :) Perhaps something in the meeting minutes?

		--Ted