Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)
- From: Anne Østergaard <anne oestergaard nu>
- To: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
- Cc: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, foundation-list gnome org, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Subject: Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:32:43 +0200
tor, 01 06 2006 kl. 09:05 -0400, skrev Luis Villa:
> On 6/1/06, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Luis Villa wrote:
> > > Such a plan should be written by someone who has actually been
> > > involved in IRC, our mailing lists, bugzilla, etc., *as a developer*-
> > > which, sorry, isn't Anne. It will not work if it is not driven by
> > > someone with such experience.
> > That's not so. There's nothing preventing someone who isn't a developer
> > from comping up with a credible strategy for getting more women involved
> > in GNOME (although that's totally off-topic to the code of conduct
> > discussion). Any such plan would have to appeal to geek women - so who's
> > better placed to come up with a plan? A male geek or a female non-geek?
> A female geek?
I would like to hear your definition of a geek, please.
] [Thread Prev