Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)

Actually, it should be someone who is able to detect possible obstacles
that put Asians or Women out of GNOME (or in general Free Software). I
doubt that anyone have any emprical study about that. But is it harsh
and rude behavior of developers or the community? Or technical limits?
Or even communication problems? (ie. English knowledge or something).

First thing is to come up with a reasonable problems that new comers
would come across. And later people should follow a pathway to get rid
of these obstacles.

Actually Code of Conduct may only be successful for new comers if we
detect those problems correctly.

For that reason, ideas of the fresh community members is more important.
If you're experienced then either you did not have any problem or you
might even forgot those problems you'd encountered in past. Though, you
might still remember old days, but chances are low.

IMHO, Code Of Conduct (or GNOME Ethics) should be written for that very
reason. Experienced members of the community might and would forget the
problems for newcomers. Something should remind them.

But still first thing to do is to detect obstacles first. Else, outcome
of this work, won't get further than saying "Be nice to each other" with
rhetoric.