Re: Code of conduct (bis)

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Dave Neary wrote:

> Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:24:47 +0100
> From: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: Code of conduct (bis)
>

> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
> > Code of conduct:
> > "Dont be an asshat"
> >
> > I'm baffled as to why the board cannot agree on this.
>
> Let me be clear:
>
> The vast majority of the board (I think everyone) agrees with the idea
> of a code of conduct.
>
> That is not in question.
>
> But I don't think that imposing a code of conduct by High Command from
> the board is healthy, and I don't think it will help its adoption.

Great.  Could the board please find some way to endorse the Code of
Conduct as best they see fit.  Even if it isn't perhaps as definitive or
"imposing" as some people might like it would still be useful for the
board as a whole to sign off on the idea so no one else thinks there is
any doubt of the actual idea.  It would be reasonable to note that a Code
of Conduct is not something the board can impose but similiarly to the HIG
or the Style guide these are standards the community itself will need to
enforce if it is to have any meaning.

--
Alan