Re: Code of Conduct final draft?
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Alan Cox" <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Code of Conduct final draft?
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:43:45 +0200 (CEST)
>> I'm not against producing a list of useful recommendations like Murray
>> is doing, to be as accepted as the community wants to accept it.
I'd like to avoid lengthy and tedious (to me) discussions about how Murray
has forced everyone to be nice, oppressed their rights, abused his
(non-existant) authority, etc. If this gets a stamp of approval then those
discussions might still happen but at least someone can reply that it's
gone through some process, in order to be adopted, by elected
representative leaders, as representative of a consensus. Despite the fact
that, like most things in GNOME or any group, consensus is never totally
I wonder what would have happened if the board has simply written this
code of conduct and announced it without consultation. Maybe I'm being
naive, but I suspect that people would just say "Yeah, OK". Not that I
think that would be best, of course.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev