Re: Code of Conduct final draft?

On 8/2/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

- Doing a joke saying that people against the adoption of a GNOME Code
of Conduct might have a bad day and could wait until being able to
behave civilized is a good example of what the CoC is trying to avoid,
isn't it. "Disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour or personal
attacks." I find somehow paradoxal that, in general, I've seen more
aggressive behavior in the messages in favor of the official adoption of
the CoC.

Just for reference, I believe the comment you're talking about was a
direct (albeit delayed) response to an earlier message that said the
following:

Do we want to shun someone because he had a bad day and called a user a
nitwit?

I can understand Ethics code, but I wouldn't sign this, knowing full
well that I'll have bad days, and I call people things worse than nitwit
even on a good day."

In that context, I don't believe it's aggressive or inappropriate in
the way that you interpreted it.

--
jonner