Re: Vote NO on referendum to reduce board members

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 09:45 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> [...] many of us notice that the large
> size of the group causes irrelevant distraction, even when urgent
> decisions are necessary. That happens even with the best people.
I find it happens with teleconference consisting of only two or
three people at least as often, if not more often than with
larger groups.

With a larger group you're more likely to have someone chairing
who can move the discussion along.

I still think the problems being reported are nothing to do with
the size of the group but to do with lack of clear process and
with poor delegation.  These are not easy to fix, but I don't
think changing the group size will help.

Liam

XML Blog: http://people.w3.org/~liam/blog/