Re: Vote NO on referendum to reduce board members

On Llu, 2005-10-24 at 20:05 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I totally disagree. The referendum was created because we have board
> members that do nothing at all. Why would you want members of the board
> that do nothing? Some board members only wanted to be on the board

So vote for members who do things. If you have less members and they
then turn out not to do anything will be better or worse

> The board should be smaller. With 11 people everyone expects someone
> else to do the job.

Thats not IMHO caused by the size of the board (well unless you reduce
it to one person) but by a lack of definite responsibilities fixed with
each board member. Far better to make one person charged with PR, one
with infrastructure, one with corporate politics etc so that for the
general case its clear who to contact and who is responsible