Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 13:30, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[snip]
>   At this point, and unless more dissent voices emerge or some kind
> of explicit scenario provided proving a serious trouble with the
> new voting process is shown, I think the board should ultimately
> accept this plan, probably at the next meeting 23rd September. So
> there is still ample time to discuss this but I think other people
> who have strong feelings about this should express themselves in
> the meantime :-)

Given that this proposed change reflects a rather large change in the
openness of the Foundation elections, and that it's only been before the
foundation membership for THREE days, I think that proposing that the
board do anything at all with this is terribly premature.  I haven't
even had time to look up some of the national governmental rationale's
behind anonymous voting, let alone to digest and form a reasoned opinion
on the matter.
	Greg
- a cranky, hopefully thoughtful GNOME Foundation member.