Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On 12/09/03 23:43, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le ven 12/09/2003 à 13:03, Alan Cox a écrit :
There must be oversight of the number of
keys generated, and the number of keys in the results. That is we must
be able to see that nobody fabricated voters.

One easy way to do this is to embed a count into the string (while
taking care to issue the numbers in random order not say
alphabetically!)

You can then issue    0001[randombits]  0002[randombits] ....
Then why the random bits ?
So that the voting keys can't be guessed (ie. if my voting key was 0042, I might be able to guess that 0043 is also a legal voting key and make a second vote).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/