Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

петак, 12. септембар 2003. 18:15:36 CEST — James Henstridge написа:
So that the voting keys can't be guessed (ie. if my voting key was
0042, I might be able to guess that 0043 is also a legal voting key and make a second vote).

Correct me if I got this wrong, but the votes will be sent to an address that is *not* public.

So, whoever is collecting votes would be able to establish "identity" through both e-mail and the "key" (if someone sends a couple of completely different votes, it would be easy to suspect fraud).

When the results are published, instead of eg.

James Henstridge voted for:
Bla, bla, bla...

There will be:

Voter with ID has voted for:
Bla bla bla...

So, you will be able to check if *your* vote was correct, but noone else would know that it was your vote.

That's how I got this thing -- not to provide authentication, but to provide anonimity.

Cheers,
Danilo