Re: Random thoughts on this elections (was Re: Candidacy (Michael Meeks))

Hi Martin,
I think this is a good idea to maybe get some more information about
what this election actually is for, I guess I am one of the people who
just do some advocacy, and as such my impression of the GNOME foundation
has been that it is more of legal, financial and PR targeted organ than
an vehicle for steering the technical direction of GNOME. Seeing Michael
and now your mail has gotten me to question the validity of my previous
assumption.

 I read through the GNOME Foundation charter after seeing this, and the
way it reads today I think most people would interpret the technical
tasks of the board to be of much smaller importance than it's other
roles, and like me would probably aim their votes towards a board well
fit to solve those tasks more than being in charge of the technical
evolution of GNOME.

Christian