should candidates be foundation members.

Seeing Bruce's nomination email brought up a question: should foundation
board candidates be foundation members?

Taking a quick look over the charter document, I couldn't see anything
that said candidates must be foundation members.  What is the normal
procedure for things like this?  Do most organisations like the gnome
foundation allow non-member candidates?  It might be a good idea to make
it explicit in the charter whether this is ok.

(Bruce: I am not against your nomination -- I just want to clarify the
wording in the charter).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au