Re: should candidates be foundation members.

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 03:47:43PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> Seeing Bruce's nomination email brought up a question: should foundation
> board candidates be foundation members?
>
> Taking a quick look over the charter document, I couldn't see anything
> that said candidates must be foundation members.  What is the normal
> procedure for things like this?  Do most organisations like the gnome
> foundation allow non-member candidates?  It might be a good idea to make
> it explicit in the charter whether this is ok.
>
> (Bruce: I am not against your nomination -- I just want to clarify the
> wording in the charter).

I guess with bruce has contributed enough to GNOME to become a member, given
the policy on that (advocacy counts AFAIK).  So I don't think this would be
problem (though I guess he should then become a member:)

  hey beavis .... huh-huh-huh ... he said member ... huh-huh-huh

Though I guess it could become an issue if someone put in a nomination for
himself and could not actually become a member of the foundation by the
current policies.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>