Re: What is GNOME?

> I still think that we should require a small enrollment
> fee. Even if it is just 5/10 bucks. If you contribute to
> gnome you should not care donating five bucks to the
> Foundation, and if you don't really care about gnome
> you will not waste your money.

I got involved with free software initially when I read Richard
Stallman's manifesto.  At the end of the document he had a list of
things that you could do to contribute to GNU.

I did not have any money to contribute to GNU (and I was living on 10
US cent a day consuming cookies) so I developed software instead.

A fee is not acceptable.

Miguel.