Re: What is GNOME?

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 11:40:31AM -0700, Bart Decrem wrote:
> I agree.  I would do it like this:
>
> 1.  Everybody who's on Gnome-Hackers is automatically a member
> 2.  If you're not on Gnome-Hackers and want to be a member, send email to a
> nominating committee and they'll decide if you have made 'significant
> contributions to Gnome'
> 3.  New people get added to Gnome-Hackers using the same 'significant
> contributions' criteria.
>
> Fast and simple and I'm sure it's over-inclusive, but that's probably how
> it ought to be.

Actually this is probably the best criteria set so far.  In fact that is
basically how it worked until now anyway.  This means that this would likely
be the least disruptive change in how gnome is organized.  It is also simple
enough to work and doesn't add any more arbitrary "divisions" between
insiders vs. outsiders.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.