Re: [Panel for next LWCE in New York...]

* Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@eazel.com) wrote at 13:43 on 22/08/00:
> Chris DiBona <chris@valinux.com> writes:
>
> > Don't read so much into this, I just want to put together something to let
> > people know where gnome is going.
> >
> > Also, I hate to say it , but have you looked where a huge number of gnome
> > hackers work nowadays? Red Hat, Helix, Eazel.
>
> While this is true, GNOME is nontheless a community project. It's
> certainly not the case that only hackers who work for these companies
> are relevant. Your implied suggestion below of picking people by
> company could be taken as kind of offensive in this light.

The truth of the matter is - the number of GNOME hackers that are not
affliated with a corporation is not a very large number. This does not include
people who 'submit a patch and then disappear'.

I do not think this is going to change anytime soon, and in fact you will
probably see more 'corporate-affliated' hackers coming in (i.e. Sun engineers)

Regards,
Ali