Re: Wrong characters for Serbian cyrillic

Le mer 22/10/2003 à 02:15, Sander Vesik a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > Actually considering the number of people here that do work in monospace
> > environments I suspect you'll find more demand for monospace than serif
> > (which lacks italic anyway)

> Lack of italic Vera Serif is unfortunate - esp as there is mono italic
> and bold italic which i can't imagine getting used all that often

In tech doc all monospace variants are heavily used.

Vera was released for Gnome, and most computer people use only two fonts
- a variable one and a monospace one (for terminals, mailers, news
readers, RAD/text editors, tech doc...)

I'd be really surprised if there was a significant number of people that
used Serif for their variable font - it's way too ugly on a computer
screen. Vera Monospace on the other hand received raving reviews when
released so there will be some demand to extend it.

(looking back at the comments you had basically Monospace -> awesome,
Sans -> nice, Serif -> average)

While I understand the Office people might like a Serif font, it might
be better to play on Vera strengths first - Sans and Monospace.

regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot