Re: Wrong characters for Serbian cyrillic

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mer 22/10/2003 à 02:15, Sander Vesik a écrit :

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Actually considering the number of people here that do work in monospace
environments I suspect you'll find more demand for monospace than serif
(which lacks italic anyway)

Lack of italic Vera Serif is unfortunate - esp as there is mono italic and bold italic which i can't imagine getting used all that often

In tech doc all monospace variants are heavily used.

Vera was released for Gnome, and most computer people use only two fonts
- a variable one and a monospace one (for terminals, mailers, news
readers, RAD/text editors, tech doc...)

Sure - but terminals basicly have mono & mono bold (at most). Some editors use italic (highlighting comments). I can't at the moment think of any largescale use of mono bold italic. But all of this is practicly always just ascii, as programming languages usualy insist on code being in ascii.

I'd be really surprised if there was a significant number of people that
used Serif for their variable font - it's way too ugly on a computer
screen. Vera Monospace on the other hand received raving reviews when
released so there will be some demand to extend it.

(looking back at the comments you had basically Monospace -> awesome,
Sans -> nice, Serif -> average)

I'm largely indifferent to monospace - as far as extension goes imho all the actionis in sans and serif.

While I understand the Office people might like a Serif font, it might
be better to play on Vera strengths first - Sans and Monospace.

From my POV that would be playing on a weakness. But ... I can hardly claim to have some kind of special access to universal truth.

regards,

--
	Sander