Re: Version handling?

Cool ... a light bulb moment!

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 08:27 +0100, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
> On 14/06/2011 14:17, David Morrison wrote:
> >
> > Anybody know of an existing way to select a batch of pic and pull out
> > the last version, or original if no versions exist, and then delete
> > everything else?
> >
> > David Morrison
> > Dallas, TX
> >

> I may have misunderstood but I sorta do this when I rename files.
> Typically I go through an import roll, cropping, tagging and
> straightening until I'm happy, then I export the batch. Once exported I
> run a script that renames the files based on the tags in the files. I
> delete the files in f-spot, then re-import.

Yes, that is exactly what I do ... I can definitely see the
export/re-import process as being much faster! I would also love to
rename the files from the cumbersome version names fspot applies.  I've
never played with scripts, is doing what you said a difficult one to do?

Thanks for the inspiration!

David Morrison
Dallas, TX