Re: Version handling?

Hi Sven,

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:56 +0200, Paul Wellner Bou wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> > is it possible to delete just one "version" of a photo? [...]
>
> Yes, of course that's possible. Just go to Photo -> Delete Version.
> That's not working for the original version though, this is "fixed". To
> do this, you will have to separate the versions somehow (e.g. remove
> photo from catalog and import all again). With drag&drop you can
> reparent versions.On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:56 +0200, Paul Wellner Bou wrote:

When I want to keep just one version and delete other versions/original
I go to File>Detach Version for the versions I want to keep.  Then just
delete the original and any unwanted versions from the drive.

To Piggyback on Sevn's request as it seems the same:

I shoot a lot of my kids athletic games.  70-100+/game; then distill
down to 20-25 pics to keep.  All the pics have 1-3 versions as I am
taking from a distance they are cropped/enlarged heavily, often
straightened and color adjusted.  Once I have the final version I have
no need for other versions or originals and don't want to keep those
100's of 1mgb+ files.

My work flow is go to each picture and detach the version I want to save
(I wish I could rename that version to say 1001v1.jpg but even when I
rename version a very cumbersome name is given to the detached file
name ... but I digress).  Then I go back through and delete all the
originals and unwanted versions.  By the time you go through all the
menus and dialog boxes this process is time consuming and prone to user
errors.

Anybody know of an existing way to select a batch of pic and pull out
the last version, or original if no versions exist, and then delete
everything else?

David Morrison
Dallas, TX